About Us: Position Imaging, Inc., is an established R&D leader that combines RF tracking, advanced computer vision, and AI modeling to identify, track, and streamline package delivery across residential, retail, and industrial domains. New application areas and high demand for our touch-less automation services have us continually developing new technologies that extend our growing product set. We’re looking for a Full-Stack SW Tech Lead that can analyze requirements, design solutions, and deliver System SW comprising package management logic, user interaction design, and multi-tenant cloud databases. The Role: The SW Tech Lead is a senior professional that works with product managers, scientists, SW engineers, and our executive team to define new projects, lead discussions to find best-fit solutions to requirements, plan and track development and testing using Jira and Confluence, coach SW engineers to deliver high quality, reliable software. The mix of supervisory vs. hands-on coding duties is adaptable to meet prevailing needs, team dynamics, and individual proclivities. We assign work that challenges and inspires talented people to grow rather than casting indelible boundaries for their contributions. We respect each other as fellow humans, recognize that errors are an inevitable part of growth, and strive to build excellent customer experiences. Qualifications: The successful candidate has delivered many consumer product/service development cycles, has excellent analytical abilities, good people skills, and understands how to drive agile build/test/release iterations. They should be able to code in all languages across the full stack spectrum in their sleep. They exhibit strong expertise in software engineering principles and current practices, system architecture, good UX design, problem solving, and debugging. They insist on thorough code reviews, set and enforce compliance to our coding standards, and enjoy helping others do their best work. An ideal candidate has become proficient, growing and leading multiple development teams, making tradeoffs on features versus schedule, and uses a rigorous approach to gathering data, coordinating efforts, and communicating issues to stakeholders. They know how to build scalable, cloud-based services and data stores that meet performance, security, reliability, and regulatory requirements to 100K users and above. An added plus would be the ability to effectively harness external contract resources if required. Ideally, this person is equally passionate about delivering new features while supporting current applications at the highest levels of quality and reliability, ensuring the best possible experience for our customers. Requirements: Education: Must have at least a BSCS from an accredited university, an MSCS is preferred. Industry Experience: Min. 8-15 years professional experience delivering SW products, 3 years as a leader. Attitude: Eager to learn, respects people with different backgrounds, puts team recognition ahead of self. Specifics on technical skills: Should be able to build and develop Windows Desktop, Windows Universal, Xamarin forms and web applications such as portals with complex backends. Should be able to architect a scalable design for the database and be able to set it up on SQL and similar backends. Should be familiar with Azure services or similar to be able to set up backends, VMs, services as required to support these apps mentioned above. We do not want to narrow down the candidate by programming languages, but for the record, if it becomes important:
- .NET Framework,
- angular.js ,
- Ruby on rails,
- And similar languages
|Job Category||Career Opportunities|
- Strong C# experience with emphasis on GUI development, networking and I/O devices, designing and implementing new functionality utilizing proper coding techniques, maintaining the existing code base. Familiarity with basic design principles and applying them in practice.
- Experience with XAML in WPF. Strong WPF knowledge with familiarity in MVVM design patterns. Experience with Xamarin platform, Xamarin Forms or other mobile cross-platform development toolkits is a plus.
- Proficient in object oriented design, multi-threaded applications, synchronous and asynchronous software design patterns, unit testing, performance/memory analysis, and separation of concerns.
- Good understanding of working with remote, local or cloud based resources and services.
- Basic database design and SQL knowledge, experience working with MSSQL, SQLite database engines.
- Experience working with Azure Cloud services is a plus.
- C/C++ development experience is welcomed.
- Using unmanaged C++ libraries in manages C# applications.
- Comfortable with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Basic knowledge of agile development methodologies and good understanding of systems engineering, build and release management principles including continuous integration and continuous delivery. Experience with source control, Git repository and Nuget.
- Ability to rapidly design, prototype and iterate applications to demonstrate creative concepts and implement user requirements.
- Ability to draft documentation for development and production, end users.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or assistance to complete tasks.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas within and across teams, work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Desire to learn new technologies and flexibility in changing focus according to current development needs.
- Knowledgeable with the latest technical skills identifying new tools and practices best suited for particular use cases.
|Job Category||Career Opportunities|